I’m back. After an unplanned break. My blog feels neglected, and I feel like I’ve been away from my home here for too long. I’ve been busy with various deadlines to meet, and busy being back on this rainy island, reconnecting, readjusting, rebalancing.
What better way to kick back off than with a Merry Mondays post? I have some news for you though. This will be my last Merry Mondays post as it is at the moment, for a while. Instead I am taking the Joy Dare and counting 1000 gifts this year. I will be linking up with Ann Voskamp and others over at A Holy Experience. Why not join us?
Each day I will be counting 3 gifts, and on a Monday I will share them with you here. I’ll try to also include things I am looking forward to in the coming week, I know many of you use that to keep updated on my life.
So let’s go, our last Merry Monday in this format.
I am thankful for:
1. New families stepping through the doors of our church, for many the first time they have ever been inside a church.
2. Having my sister close-by for a while.
3. My roommate – I know I say that a lot, but she really is pretty great.
4. A safe return to here.
5. A good policing system here, with police who are both firm and compassionate.
6. Being done with some deadlines.
7. Friends who are geographically close.
8. A God who uses us despite all our flaws, and lets us get in on what He is doing.
9. New opportunities.
10. My housegroup.
I am looking forward this week to:
1. Pancakes with many tomorrow evening.
2. New mornings.
3. Time to rest, reflect, and be still.
5. Bouncing ideas off people and coming up with something great.
8. (in)Courage groups starting again.
9. A tidy organized room.
10. Getting a drivable car once more.
What about you? What are you thankful for?
It’s Monday again, already! Here come my usual lists.
1.A great weekend with fantastic friends who encourage, challenge, inspire, and refresh me.
2. The opportunity to meet the little girl my friends recently adopted. I have prayed over this for years, so amazing to see God’s promises fulfilled.
3. Being able to worship along side my brothers and sisters here.
4. Seeing family, relaxing in their home.
5. Airlines that give great service.
6. Airports that are more ‘normal’.
9. His voice speaking into my life.
10. Good health.
12. Cheap nail varnish.
13. Being able to go to the cinema.
14. My sister who cheers me on.
15. My brothers who do small things to show me I’m loved.
16. God’s timing.
17. Well-said goodbyes.
19. Hot showers.
20. Evening walks.
Looking forward to:
1. Seeing more good friends.
2. Flying some more… yes, even more!
3. Finishing another book.
4. Writing an exciting email.
5. Being a tiny part of all God is doing here.
6. Living #WideAwake
8. Seeing the sea.
9. Meeting new people.
I hope you have an exciting week!
What do you have planned?
Good Morning from a cold and snow place!
Today I feel like I have been gone from my little house and my community of friends there for a long time, I feel like there have been a lot of goodbyes recently, I feel like I have had to leave the place behind more times than I ever imagined, I feel like my heart is heavy.
“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!” [Psalm 42:5]
So today, in the spirit of this verse, I am writing my Merry Mondays post… My hope is in God and I will praise Him, because He is worthy, and because there is much to be thankful for.
I am thankful for:
1. Having wonderful team leaders here. Some of the most gracious, patient, and committed people I know.
2. The way God is opening doors again.
3. Finding British chocolate here!
4. Friends who stay friends across distances, lack of communication, and major life changes.
5. The hospitality of everyone around me.
I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing more good friends who I haven’t seen in years.
2. Meeting friends kids for the first time, after years of praying and believing along side them.
3. Eating good food.
4. Getting some more plans made.
5. Being alive.