Merry Mondays #26-MaybePosted: January 14, 2013
Good Morning from a cold and snow place!
Today I feel like I have been gone from my little house and my community of friends there for a long time, I feel like there have been a lot of goodbyes recently, I feel like I have had to leave the place behind more times than I ever imagined, I feel like my heart is heavy.
“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!” [Psalm 42:5]
So today, in the spirit of this verse, I am writing my Merry Mondays post… My hope is in God and I will praise Him, because He is worthy, and because there is much to be thankful for.
I am thankful for:
1. Having wonderful team leaders here. Some of the most gracious, patient, and committed people I know.
2. The way God is opening doors again.
3. Finding British chocolate here!
4. Friends who stay friends across distances, lack of communication, and major life changes.
5. The hospitality of everyone around me.
I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing more good friends who I haven’t seen in years.
2. Meeting friends kids for the first time, after years of praying and believing along side them.
3. Eating good food.
4. Getting some more plans made.
5. Being alive.