Merry Mondays # 10…. on TuesdayPosted: April 10, 2012
As it was Easter Weekend, I got a little out of my normal routine and forgot to post a Merry Monday yesterday, so I’m doing it a day late. Which means my week in photos will also be a day late.
I am thankful for:
- Writers. Authors, bloggers, letter writers, all kinds of writers. I love reading what they have to say, I love the way they challenge and make me think, I love the way they put my thoughts and feelings into words, I love the way they encourage me, I love the way they inspire. I am thankful for writers.
- The internet. Emails, skype, podcasts, live streaming. It allows me to connect with those I love who are far away, it allows me to be a part of events, communities, celebrations I would not otherwise be able to be a part of, it allows me to access things I would otherwise never know. I am thankful for the internet.
- Music. This quote sums it up nicely: “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” I am thankful for music.
- The beach. The vastness of the ocean which makes me feel so small, the calming, rhythmic sounds of the waves sweeping the shore, the wind which beings a freshness to my mind, the beauty in both the ferocity or the calm filling me with hope. I am thankful for the beach.
- Electrical Appliances. Washing machines, fridges, freezers, electric whisks, microwaves, all sorts of electrical appliances. They make life so much easier, more convenient. I am thankful for electrical appliances.
This week I am looking forward to:
- Aqua-fit. I started a weekly aqua-fit class; it’s actually quite challenging – but a lot of fun, and one of the only forms of exercise I can do these days.
- Speaking to my parents ON THE PHONE. They are going for a break in a slightly less remote country, and so I can phone them.
- Baking cakes with my sister for the sports coaches that have come to town to do an outreach with my church.
- House viewings. Hopefully finding a house with… TWO… bedrooms for a friend and I to move into.
- Finding out a little more what’s going on with my body.
Number 5 brings me to say… next week I won’t be posting a Merry Monday. I’m going into hospital for some further testing and so I will not have access to my blog, and nor will I be in any fit state to write anything. Email / comment / tweet me your thanks and excitements instead so I can share in your joy!
Praying each of you will be aware of the many blessings in your lives this week.